Charlize Theron set the red carpet ablaze at the 2012 MTV Movie Awards this past Sunday with a crimson Lanvin dress and a hairstyle created by stylist Enzo Angileri. American Salon shares the how-to on this radiant, sexy ‘do. Using Moroccanoil products, Angileri began with Moroccanoil Light mixed with a small amount of Hydrating Styling [...]
In the June issue of American Salon, renowned extensions guru Sheila Stotts shares the details of her life and gives us the inside scoop on how she rose to the top, and continues to stay there. Using exclusive products like Great Lengths extensio
Apple Martin debuted pink locks while heading to her “uncle” Jay Z and Kanye West’s concert Watch the Throne with her mom, Gwyneth Paltrow. Dancing With the Stars pro Lacey Scwhimmer rocked the pastel trend with blue, pink and purple en
If you tuned into the Billboard Music Awards last night on ABC, then it’s likely you saw Alicia Keys grace the screen wearing a black Azzedine Alaia Couture gown with a gorgeous hairstyle to match, and American Salon got the scoop on how to rec
On Monday, the highly anticipated Met Ball in New York City celebrated the Met’s new exhibition, Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations, for renowned Italian designers Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada. Here are some of our favorite loo
In our May issue, celebrity colorist and Redken Creative Consultant for Color Tracey Cunningham talked about spring and summer haircolor trends. Here, she shares the formulas for three of her current celebrity favorites—Minka Kelly, Kate Bosworth
In our March 2012 issue’s “Stargazing” column, Pan Am Department Head of Hair Chris Clark gives us the inside scoop on what goes into getting the glamorous stars of the hit show camera-ready. Here, he shares how to style Colette Valois’ (played by Ka
Gayle Giacomo, star of The Style Network’s Jerseylicious and owner of Gatsby Salon in Green Brook, NJ, unveiled her first ever haircare line GG Gatsby at Drom Fragrances International last night with a glitzy party celebration. The white space with
The Millennium Experience 2012, formally known as the Millennium User Group Conference, will be celebrating its 25th anniversary with featured celebrity guests Tabatha Coffey, Ted Gibson, Takashi Kitamura, TheSalonGuy and Robert Cromeans. From June 2
Tina Fey kept it classy in a vintage black Versace gown at the Screen Actors Guild Awards Sunday night and her bumped-up coif paired perfectly with the red carpet style. Celebrity stylist Richard Marin says to complement her gown, he “went with sim
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...