This summer, Organic Color Systems’ kicks off its Advanced Organic Color Certification seminars, led by a team of expert organic colorists and stylists. Seminars will cover the entire Organic Color Systems product line, color theory and feature models for color and treatment demonstrations. Classes are open to salon owners and professional hairdressers. Check if a [...]
Salon Week, debuting on April 1 in participating Boston and New York City salons, gives business owners the perfect chance to show appreciation for loyal clients, retain former visitors and welcome new ones. From April 1 – 7 the first-ever salon ev
The Millennium Experience 2012, formally known as the Millennium User Group Conference, will be celebrating its 25th anniversary with featured celebrity guests Tabatha Coffey, Ted Gibson, Takashi Kitamura, TheSalonGuy and Robert Cromeans. From June 2
Fantastic Sam’s, a network of full service salons in the U.S., has announced that is has been acquired by France-based Dessange International. Fantastic Sam’s began franchising salons in 1976 and now has a network of over 1,200 salons in 46 state
Andis Company, the leading manufacturer of professional grooming products, who introduced its line to the European market nearly 80 years ago, is pleased to announce that it is expanding to India. The professional line of trimmers, clippers and groom
Ivan Zoot, director of education with the Andis Company and winner of three Guiness World Records for haircuts, is educating stylists on how to increase business with Andis’ new Envy clipper at national shows and regional events across the U.S. in 20
L’Oréal USA Professional Products Division (PPD) was awarded a Forrester Groundswell Award in the category of “Business to Business: Spreading” for its salon Facebook program. The program empowers more than 5,000 salons that partner with the v
What, if anything, can you tell us about the progress of the pending lawsuits against the retailers selling diverted product? First I would like to say that legal battles are always painful and grueling exercises for companies and we take ever
Make Up For Ever is extending their ‘Backstage Card Program.’ Originally created to offer product discounts for make up artists, the program will now provide beauty profess
Privé Products is hosting a two-day intensive class on business education for salon and spa owners. The course will offer advice and teach owners about business development, leadership, salon promotions, recruiting and retaining top stylists, im
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...