I recently attended Neill Corporation‘s Serious Business: Soundbyte Wisdom conference in New Orleans at the Roosevelt Hotel, an inspiring event intended to provide Neill’s customers and vendors with the most current and innovative thinking and concepts in such topics as salon management, employee motivation, marketing strategies, retail sales and staff education. The event, which was [...]
We’ve been hearing (and writing) about L’Oreal Professionnel’s new ammonia-free color system, INOA, for a while now, so we were so excited to finally get a sneak peek at the product yesterday. L’Oreal Professionnel executives, along with the fabu
In an effort to aid relief efforts in Haiti following the devastating earthquake there earlier this month, Phyto organized a benefit event last night that raised nearly $2,000 for the cause. The event, held at Phyto Universe in Manhattan, featured a
Celebrity esthetician Renée Rouleau visited Ugly Betty star Michael Urie at his hotel room in Dallas on New Year’s Day, and treated him to a luxury facial so he could start 2010 with a fresh complexion. As a big fan of Renée and her products, Mic
Using his own award-winning business model, industry authority Nick Arrojo will launch the Arrojo Ambassadors program on March 1, 2010. By becoming an Arrojo Ambassador partner, salons nationwide will be entitled to retail Arrojo’s signature haircare
Scientists at Australia’s Queensland Institute of Medical Research (QIMR) have discovered that a certain gene called the trichohyalin gene is mainly responsible for creating curls. Professor Nick Martin, head of the QIMR Genetic Epidemiology Laborat
Elisa Fischer is the new vice president of marketing for Martrix US. In her role, Fischer will lead the marketing division, drive business and continue to secure Matrixâ€™s position as one of the leading national beauty brands for professional s
CND is conducting anÂ on-line Nail Style Competition, where the lucky winner will receive an all-expense paid trip to NYC Fall Fashion Week in February 2010, meet with company Co-Founder Jan Arnold and shadow CND certified nail pros working backst
Make-Up Designory (MUD) is launching Tool School, a make-up tutorial, on its website Mudshop.com. Tool School will offer step-by-step tutorials on using each MUD product, and carefully explain the application process by pairing products with recommen
On October 3, Elite Salon Systems hosted the third annual Pink Gala in Orlando, FL in memory of founder and breast cancer victim, Linda Martens. â€œSince our inception in 1981, my mother, Linda Martens, created the foundation of Elite Salon S
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...