On Sunday, June 3, Paul Mitchell Schools across America will participate in Cancer Survivor Beauty and Support Day, a nationwide event open to all cancer patients and survivors —regardless of their type of cancer or when they were diagnosed— to receive special beauty and spa services free of charge. Students and staff from the nationwide [...]
Ashley Hafoka recently joined Zotos as territory manager in northern California for the exclusive division (Joico). Hafoka comes to Zotos with a background in education, distributor support and sales. Prior to this position, Hafoka supported Joico as
Corrine Passage Bernin, 50, passed away on May 16 in Evanston, Illinois. Corrine served as Pivot Point International’s Senior Vice President, Production and Systems Development and was the only daughter of Pivot Point International, Inc. founder Leo
Keratin Complex has announced that Mario Argenti is the new president of Keratin Labs, a newly developed division of Keratin Complex. In this role, Argenti will lead the Keratin Lab’s overall strategic direction and expansion into other profe
Announced this week, Charlie Price has been named the International Creative Consultant for the Scruples brand. In the past year, Price worked with Scruples on the set of Colour Your Dreams and Delicate Dimension Collections. Additionally, his love o
Just today Aveda has announced the appointment of Martin Kaufmann to the position of General Manager, Aveda North America. Kaufmann will lead the acceleration of Aveda’s growth in North America, with oversight of Aveda Retail and Institute Developm
Last week Senior Editor Jolene Turner and I attended a launch event for Sebastian Professional at a swank space in Rockerfeller Center. The event celebrated the release of three new additions to Sebastian’s shine collection—Shine Crafter moldable w
The International Salon/Spa Business Network (ISBN) will present its Legend Award to Farouk Shami, founder and chairman of Farouk Systems, manufacturers of the BioSilk and CHI brands. Shami is being recognized for being an artist, visionary, entre
Salon Week, debuting on April 1 in participating Boston and New York City salons, gives business owners the perfect chance to show appreciation for loyal clients, retain former visitors and welcome new ones. From April 1 – 7 the first-ever salon ev
Moroccanoil is utilizing a number of innovative strategies and cutting-edge technology to fight the diversion of its products. The company recently launched a video to raise awareness of the problem and what the company is doing to prevent diversion.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...