AG Hair Cosmetics is inviting talented stylists to enter its first annual Stylist With Substance competition, running from September 1, 2009, through December 15, 2009. The contest offers the winner a chance to work alongside acclaimed hairstylist and AG Artistic Director Jami Symons at the company’s annual collection photo shoot and execute his or her [...]
Julien Farel and a team of stylists from his eponymous salon will once again be the exclusive on-site stylists at the 2009 US Open in Flushing, NY, where they will be pampering world-renowned tennis players, coaches and VIPs for the third year ru
FrÃ©dÃ©ric Fekkai recently launched a luxury haircare line called Fekkai Advanced to the New York City beauty press at an exclusive event at The Glasshouses in Chelsea. Itâ€™s the first product launch Fekkai has undertaken since the brand ca
Frédéric Fekkai recently launched a luxury haircare line called Fekkai Advanced to the New York City beauty press at an exclusive event at The Glasshouses in Chelsea. It’s the first product launch Fekkai has undertaken since the brand came under
The finalists have just been announced for the 2009 British Hairdressing Awards, which is celebrating its 25th Anniversary this year. Launched in 1984 by Hairdressers Journal International and sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional, the awards will fe
Professional makeup company Kryolan has been named the official cosmetics sponsor for the 58th-annual Miss Universe Pageant, which will take placeÂ August 23 at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas. Dominic Cruz, Kryolanâ€™s education director
Â Although there’s been speculation for months (and Ted has tweeted about working on the show), it was officially announced today that celebrity stylist Ted Gibson will be the new hair guru on What Not To Wear. Gibson, whose clients include
The National Cosmetology Association (NCA) has announced that it has postponed SalonLife ’09. The industry event, which was due to take place August 2-3 in Chicago, has not yet been rescheduled at this time. The NCA delegates annual meeting will con
For City of Hope’s National Professional Salon Industry 2009 Spirit of Life Dinner & Masquerade Ball honoring Pureology’s Cheryl and Jim Markham, American Salon publisher and event co-chair Brett Vinovich asked some of the top names in the beauty
We are very sad to report that Guy Mascolo, an industry legend who, with his brother Toni, founded Toni&Guy, has died suddenly after suffering a massive heart attack. Please see the full obituary below. Obituary – Guy Mascolo, February 29,
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...