Andis’ Ivan Zoot is featured in the latest edition of The Guinness Book of World Records 2010, on sale now, for his record-breaking haircutting session in Austin, Texas. His records are mentioned in the Human Achievements In A Day section, titled Consecutive haircuts, page 89: “The most consecutive haircuts in 24 hours by an individual [...]
As you’ll read about in our October issue, we have a new addition to our blogging team: Hanna Compton, a new Future Professional (that’s Paul Mitchell speak for “student”) at The Cao Institute of Aesthetics, A Paul Mitchell Partner School. Starting t
The opulent St. Regis hotel hosted Jason Wu’s spring ’10 show, which was definitely a hot ticket this season, no small thanks to Michelle Obama, who wore one of his dresses to the inaugural ball. The collection featured hooks, wraps and transparent t
Yigal AzrouÃ«l showed his spring ’10 collection at the tents at Bryant Park with models sporting hairstyles created by Aveda vice president global creative director Antoinette Beenders, who described the looks as “wet-a-porter.” “They’re punky
Yigal Azrouël showed his spring ’10 collection at the tents at Bryant Park with models sporting hairstyles created by Aveda vice president global creative director Antoinette Beenders, who described the looks as “wet-a-porter.” “They’re punky Lond
The glamorous nightclub space M2 was the setting for Cesar Galindo’s dramatic show, which featured brightly colored dresses, many embellished with architectural curves and ruffles. Holli Smith for Redken chose to keep hair simple, styling the mod
Monique Lhuillier’s spring ’09 collection was presented at Christie’s, an apt location for the glamorous designs, which were inspired by Maasai warriors. Backstage, Laurent Philippon for Bumble and bumble was styling the models’ hair into crimped
Here in Manhattan, we’re in the middle of spring ’10 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. I kicked off the week with a visit backstage at BCBG Max Azria, in the tents at Bryant Park. The lead stylist, Bob Recine for Phyto, was busy backstage tending to t
Alabama-based Rusk designer Kevin Kirk was recently named co-champion of the Bronner Bros. International Hair Show’s Hair Battle Royale at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta. Kirk, who has been with Rusk since 2007, was also awarded $20
AG Hair Cosmetics is inviting talented stylists to enter its first annual Stylist With Substance competition, running from September 1, 2009, through December 15, 2009. The contest offers the winner a chance to work alongside acclaimed hairstylist a
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...