Aveda is pleased to announce the addition of celebrity hairstylist, Tippi Shorter to the Aveda Global Artistic team. She will be joining the team as the Global Artistic Director for textured hair led by Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders. “Tippi’s talent and expertise will help us to better serve our guests with textures hair,” says [...]
Teresa Giudice, star of the Bravo TV series The Real Housewives of New Jersey, will be unveiling her new line Milania Professional Haircare at the International Beauty Show (IBS), April 14 – 16, at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City. Look
Now through June 30, register for any Goldwell or KMS California US Academy program at either the Baltimore, MD or Santa Monica, CA locations and receive 20% off by using American Salon as the redemption code. (Arrojo Cut & Color and Sharon Bla
Haircare company Living Proof has named industry beauty veteran Jay Morris as vice president and general manager of the company’s Salon Channel. Morris has over 20 years experience in the beauty industry, holding senior-level positions at American Cr
The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) is honored to announce famed author, entrepreneur and media mogul Arianna Huffington as the keynote speaker for the 2013 PBA Business Forum, held during PBA Beauty Week July 13-16, 2013 in Las Vegas. Huffi
Attention all licensed professionals! Indiana SB520 has passed through the Senate and is now in the House – one step closer to becoming law. SB520 will create the Eliminate, Reduce, and Streamline Employee Regulation (ERASER) committee to study profe
The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) conducted a first-of-its-kind national poll regarding regulation and licensing of beauty industry professionals in December of 2012. General election voters from across U.S. overwhelmingly supported the requi
Design house Wildfox is into kitsch and class and decided for its fall/winter 2013 collection to take on the roaring 1920s, “ala The Great Gatsby” To pull of the look in the hair US Creative Director for TIGI, Heath Grout, styled most of the girls
Indiana State Senator Randy Head (Rep – District 18) introduced Senate Bill 520 (SB520) this morning, January 15, 2013. An initiative of the new Indiana Governor Mike PenceIf, SB520 would create a committee to review professional licensing, including
As a holiday pick-me-up for victims of Hurricane Sandy, Emiliani Enterprises and Monmouth County Vocational School are hosting Haircuts for Exit 117 on Monday, December 10.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...