I recently attended Neill Corporation‘s Serious Business: Soundbyte Wisdom conference in New Orleans at the Roosevelt Hotel, an inspiring event intended to provide Neill’s customers and vendors with the most current and innovative thinking and concepts in such topics as salon management, employee motivation, marketing strategies, retail sales and staff education. The event, which was attended by 1,000 salon owners, managers and professionals, featured presentations by Daniel Pink, author of Drive and A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future; Bruce Tulgan, author of Not Everyone Gets a Trophy: How to Manage Generation Y and It’s Okay To Be The Boss, Tim Sanders, author of The Likeability Factor and Saving the World at Work and the former chief solutions officer at Yahoo!; Peter Sheahan, best-selling author of Flip; and industry icon Robert Lobetta. Neill is an Aveda distributor for seven Southeastern states and owns the Paris Parker chain of Aveda salons and spas, 11 Aveda Institutes, the eco-friendly Etopa line of salon furniture, and SalonBiz and SpaBiz software. In keeping with Neill’s mission of taking the environment into consideration with every action it takes, the company encouraged attendees to make a $10 donation to help offset carbon emissions. During the event, they also asked attendees to text 90999 to make a $10 donation to the Red Cross’ Haiti relief efforts, in addition to holding a viewing party for the Saints/Vikings playoff game, with proceeds going to Haiti relief.
Serious Business Conference in New Orleans Inspires
By Lotus Abrams, Executive Editor on February 8, 2010 in Breaking News, Business Strategies, Event Coverage
- Eurisko Design Announces New Distributor Relationship with Neill Corporation
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs
- Aveda Proudly Announces Tippi Shorter as the New Global Artistic Director for Textured Hair
- Forward-Thinking Salons Share Eco-Friendly Tips
- The Aveda Network of Professional’s Enjoy Continued Success
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins