Biolage and Peel’s Salon Services launched an initiative to help celebrate the rebirth of Greensburg, KS, a town devastated by a tornado on May 4, 2007. The tornado destroyed 95 percent of the city, forcing many to move elsewhere. Over the past three years, the residents that stayed have worked to rebuild the town, and on June 14, 2010, the town celebrated its renaissance with a day-long festival. To celebrate the re-opening of The Last Tangle Salon, located on Main Street in Greensburg, Peel’s Salon Services, with the partnership of Biolage, Xenon International School of Hair Design, Kaemark and European Touch, hosted Makeover Greensburg. Residents of Greensburg and Kiowa County were invited to receive a complimentary haircut and makeup consultation from members of the Matrix Artistic Design Team and Xenon School of Hair Design. “We are thrilled to be able to celebrate how far we’ve come as a community,” says Debbie Boyle, owner of The Last Tangle. “So much hard work and love has been put into this rebuild and now this is our chance to give back to everyone who has selflessly helped put ourselves back together.” In addition, All cut hair was collected and donated to Matter of Trust, a non-profit organization that creates products from recycled hair used to soak up oil spills.
Biolage Presents Makeover Greensburg
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins