The Beauty Bus Foundation (BBF), a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for homebound, terminally, or chronically ill people and their primary caregivers, was recognized by the Commission on Disabilities for its work and commitment to improve the lives of people in the community. The award was given at the Commissionâ€™s 18th Annual Access Awards luncheon in October. â€œWhen someone is diagnosed with a terminal or chronic illness, their treatment becomes about quality of care,â€ says Alicia Liotta, co-founder of BBF. â€œWe believe that quality-of-life services are an integral part of coping and healing for both the patient and the primary caregiver. The Beauty Bus reaches out to compromised and isolated individuals and brings beauty into their lives.â€
Beauty Bus Foundation Recognized for Community Service
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins