In celebration of 25 years in the hair industry, Ouidad reveals new packaging on all products at ouidad.com, Ouidad signature salons in New York City and Santa Monica, and 20 certified Ouidad salons across the country. Ouidad, “the Queen of Curl,” commissioned German artist Gisela Goppel to design the curl icon featured on the packaging. [...]
About Nicole Altavilla, Associate EditorAssociate Editor
Milano Software, a business solution software company for salons and spas, announced a “Win a Year’s Worth of New Shoes” contest. The contest is open to management, staff and students in the beauty industry, including hair stylists, colorists, esthet
Tweezerman is donating one dollar for every Zip File sold to Smile Train, an organization that dedicates itself to correcting cleft lips and palates in 75 developing countries. The Zip File is a retractable and portable nail file, which features dual
Redken is offering stylists a way to increase their business and generate new clients with the Redken Haircolor Certification. This program recognizes and rewards salon professionals who possess exceptional technical skills and a passion for haircolo
At IBS New York yesterday, nail specialist Jacqui Pierce, provided nail technicians with tips on offering five-star nail treatments to impress clients and leave them anxious to return. In her class, Innovative Manicures, she said that there is more t
Salon Wish, a division of SpaFinder, announced it will be the primary sponsor of the ’01′ car driven by NASCAR driver Danny O’Quinn, Jr. in the upcoming Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series Race at Talledega Superspeedway in Talledega, AL. “We jumpe
To commemorate 35 years in the salon business, Fantastic Sams is offering guests the Cutting Edge Combo for $35 between May 11 and June 29. The combo includes a cut and additional services and products, depending on the salon’s location. “Quality and
As the weather begins to get warmer, people are gearing up for a few months of outdoor activities and catching some rays by the pool or on the beach. However, the sun, heat, humidity and chlorine can wreak havoc on the hair, especially curly hair
During the recent Fashion Week Fall 2009, I had the opportunity to attend the runway shows of J.Mendel and Juan Carlos Obando. I also went backstage before each of them to check out the hair and makeup. At J.Mendel, lead hairstylist Odile Gilbert cre
I should preface this post by saying that I don’t wear much makeup on a regular basis. In fact, my daily makeup routine consists of a little bronzer, mascara, and lip gloss. Needless to say, I was a little nervous when I sat down to have airbrush mak
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...