While Chris Isaak’s “Wicked Game” played in the background, models strutted their stuff on the Jen Kao runway, which was made completely of sand and included a braided pattern. This same braided pattern was also found in various other aspects of the show and the collection, including the hair. Joseph DiMaggio, lead stylist for L’Oréal [...]
About Nicole Altavilla, Associate EditorAssociate Editor
For the Carlos Campos show, Cesar Ramirez, lead stylist for Catwalk by TIGI, created a look inspired by free-spirited men with a well-traveled, effortless style. The look, which was supposed to look “free, but not completely messy,” was achieved by u
If you haven’t already done so, check out our September issue! Our cover story, “Seeing Red,” features the hottest hair color trend for fall—red and copper tones! Tracey Cunningham, Redken creative consultant for color, fired up the model’s hair fo
In the past year and a half, I’ve tried two different keratin smoothing treatments on my hair. After both treatments, I loved the way my hair felt for months afterward, but I have to admit that the amount of time needed inside the salon to get thi
Take a look at some recent appointments and promotions in the salon and beauty industry: Eufora named Dee Fortier as international artistic director. Kao Professional Salon Services (KPSS) announced the appointment of Anthony Pucciarelli as
The Masters of Beauty (MOB) Skills Certification program kicked off in New York City on July 18-19. More than 150 salon owners, stylists, educators and future professionals learned advanced cutting, coloring, styling and makeup techniques. Presented
TIGI’s Bed Head announced it has been selected as the official makeup and hair product sponsor for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders for the fourth consecutive year. “We are thrilled to continue our sponsorship of the world-renowned Dallas Cowboys Chee
Jolie Hair and Beauty Academy (Ludlow, MA) recently expanded and updated its facilities and incorporated modern equipment into its esthetics program curriculum to accommodate the rapid growth of the esthetics and skincare field. “With the newly exp
While I was standing on the platform at the train station this morning waiting to board a NJ Transit train to work, a woman walked up to me and handed me a postcard. I am so used to nicely saying “no, thank you” as someone shoves a pamphlet in my
Take a look at some recent appointments and promotions in the salon and beauty industry: Andis Company announced that Matthew K. Andis has been named president of the company. Empire Education Group named John Mascarini vice president of cur
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...