At the Preen show, which was held at Milk Studios, Luke Hersheson for Redken created a ’50s-inspired boyish barbershop look on the female models. Hersheson created the look by combing hair straight back and tying the hair into a ponytail with the sides tight and clean. He then twisted the hair into a knot a many times as [...]
About Nicole Altavilla, Associate EditorAssociate Editor
At the Richard Chai show, which was held at The Stage at Lincoln Center, Kevin Ryan for TIGI created an effortless, chic look. “This is the girl that doesn’t have to try to look cool,” Ryan says. “She is the kind of girl that can sleep a certain way
The inspiration celebrity hairstylist David Babaii used in creating this years’ Golden Globes red carpet looks for both Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock drew from vintage hairstyles from the 60′s and 70′s. To achieve Nicole Kidman’s look, Babaii ap
Millennium Salon Software will host its first Be-Cause charity event on March 5, 2011. Be-Cause is a movement to unite those in the beauty industry that are doing more to be recognized in some way. “When we started this initiative we had no idea ho
Millennium by Harms Inc. announced that Brig Van Osten is its newest Be-Cause honoree. Van Osten is known for both her outrageous hair creations and hair styles for the every day woman. After working at numerous salons, Van Osten decided to open P
Take a look at some recent appointments and promotions in the salon and beauty industry: Aveda announced the addition of Pascal Bordat as vice president, Aveda Research & Development/Estée Lauder Botanical Technology. Global Kera
Guido, creative consultant for Redken, created an Old Hollywood-inspired natural look that required the use of no products to prep the hair. The only product used was Redken Gloss 01 smoothing serum to get rid of frizz and tame flyaways. Models were
At the Alexander Wang show, held at Pier 94, Guido, creative consultant for Redken, used white clay paint to create an 80′s surf- and skate-punk-inspired style. The hair, which had a dreadlock feel to it, was first painted white with clay, then blow
At the Prabal Gurung show, which was held at The Studio at Lincoln Center, Odile Gilbert for Moroccanoil created an elegant look inspired by the classic American ponytail. Gilbert created the look, which was part-ponytail and part-chignon, by first a
At Cynthia Rowley, lead stylist Bok-Hee for Antonio Prieto Salon created a structured classic updo that was given a street-vibe with the addition of a single metallic Wella Professionals colored hair extension that was woven into the hair. The hair e
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...