TONI&GUY announced the promotion of Kenny Gibson and Debbie Webster to co-presidents of the Salon and Academy Division. Kenny Gibson has worked in the hairdressing industry for more than 30 years. He has trained hairdressers all over the world and has been an influential member of the TONI&GUY family since 1986 when he became the [...]
About Nicole Altavilla, Associate EditorAssociate Editor
Take a look at some recent appointments and promotions in the salon and beauty industry: Allvus promoted Tom King to director of sales training and events; and appointed Jennifer D’Annunzio as regional sales manager and Roxanne Learmont as m
In the April issue, we highlighted Moore Hair Design in Salt Lake City. The salon first opened in 2007, but it moved to a new location, which had to be completely renovated, last year. The new salon opened in November. Check out the before and after
In our March issue, we gave you a sneak peek into the spring nail color collections from OPI, CND and Essie. “Spring 2011 nails will be chic and retro-inspired,” says Roxanne Valinoti, education training manager for CND. Take a look at the rest of th
Take a look at some recent appointments and promotions in the salon and beauty industry: Aloxxi appointed Deborah Kernahan as director of sales and Nadia Deering as director of international sales. Exceon American Beauty Supply Inc. appoin
At the Ports 1961 show, Guido for Redken created a look that was “romantic and dark at the same time.” He applyed Redken Aerate 08 to the hair to dampen it, then let the hair air dry. After making a low side part and tying hair in a ponytail wit
To complement the ethereal mood of the Nanette Lepore Fall 2011 collection, lead hairstylist James Pecis for Moroccanoil, created soft, flowing braids. “Braids can be either hard or soft looking,” Pecis says. “We went for the angelic, soft look.” Eac
At the Sophie Theallet show, which was held at Milk Studios, Antoinette Beenders for Aveda created a simple ‘do topped off with a beret. She created the look by straightening the hair until it was as straight as it can be and applying Air Contr
At the Marc by Marc Jacobs show, which was held at the Armory, Guido for Redken created a ”very simple, yet rich look.” He created the look by applying Velvet Gelatine 07 Cushioning Blow-Dry Gel and then blow-drying the hair section by section
To complement the elegant styles at the Imitation by Tara Subkoff show, which was held at Milk Studios, Ouidad created a femme fatale, socialite look that was inspired by the glamorous and iconic hairstyles of Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell. Styl
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...