In our May issue, celebrity colorist and Redken Creative Consultant for Color Tracey Cunningham talked about spring and summer haircolor trends. Here, she shares the formulas for three of her current celebrity favorites—Minka Kelly, Kate Bosworth and Bryce Dallas Howard—using the new ammonia-free Redken Chromatics permanent color. Brunette—Minka Kelly (Natural Level 3, Dark Brown) “My [...]
About Lotus Abrams, Executive EditorExecutive Editor
Last week Senior Editor Jolene Turner and I attended a launch event for Sebastian Professional at a swank space in Rockerfeller Center. The event celebrated the release of three new additions to Sebastian’s shine collection—Shine Crafter moldable w
Yesterday I had the pleasure of checking out Matrix Artistic Director Chrystofer Benson’s Visionary Shoot class in New York City. At the two-day educational experience, held at 28on27th.com’s photo studio, beauty pros got the the opportunity to lea
Moroccanoil is utilizing a number of innovative strategies and cutting-edge technology to fight the diversion of its products. The company recently launched a video to raise awareness of the problem and what the company is doing to prevent diversion.
For our March 2012 issue, American Salon and Redken teamed up to shoot the gorgeous triple cover—a first for American Salon—and inside feature to celebrate the launch of Redken’s new ammonia-free Chromatics haircolor line. Check out this video of
In our March 2012 issue’s “Stargazing” column, Pan Am Department Head of Hair Chris Clark gives us the inside scoop on what goes into getting the glamorous stars of the hit show camera-ready. Here, he shares how to style Colette Valois’ (played by Ka
In our March 2012 issue, Matrix Artistic Director Daniel Roldan and Master Artistic Educator Victoria Yeremchuk played with depth-enhancing color placement to add an innovative twist to their model’s edgy cut in Stencil, part of the Urban Art colle
Newcomer Houghton showed a glamorous fall collection of white, champagne and cream pieces at Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center. Backstage, lead stylist for L’Oréal Professionnel Laura Polko created three different hairstyles to complement the clot
Backstage at Richard Chai’s show in the tents at Lincoln Center, I caught up with lead hairstylists for Aveda Frank Rizzieri and Kevin Ryan, who were creating long hairstyles for the models that started off looking polished, but then were roughed up
Kicking off our fashion week coverage: Susan Ciancolo showed her fall 2012 collection last night in the garment district. The designer took inspiration from her original show during the 1980s called Movement, with clothing inspired by photographer Ri
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...