Diego Binettiâ€™s innovative Fall â€™09 show on Sunday at Focus Studios featured dancers from the Cedar Lake Dance Company, who pushed models on round platforms onto the runway, where they dismounted and walked the floor. Backstage, lead hairstylist for Sebastian Professional Thomas Dunkin created hairstyles inspired by Marlene Dietrichâ€™s glamorous look from the 1920s. Dunkin [...]
About Lotus Abrams, Executive EditorExecutive Editor
On Friday I hit the tents at Bryant Park to see what hairstyle Thomas Dunkin, lead hairstylist for Sebastian Professional, was creating for the Charlotte Ronson show, which featured clothing inspired by a combination of 1940s glamour and rocker fem
Last night I headed to the Altman Building for the Alvin Valley show, where lead hairstylists for Nioxin Theodore Leaf and Donna Maggi were busy giving their male and female models looks that channeled the classic elegance of the 1930s, but with a
Last week I hit Manhattanâ€™s Meatpacking District to check out An All New, Sexy You, a unique beauty event sponsored by makeup experts Three Custom Color Specialists, Juara skincare and Red Market Salon, where the event was held. The challengin
Winter may have descended upon us, but Leonor Greyl has just introduced a secret weapon against the threat of dry, damaged hair. It’s called Masque Quintessence. The deeply hydrating mask was formulated with two nourishing and repairing oils: cupuacu
Last week I headed to the The Studio NYC, P&G Professional’s education facility located inside Manhattan’s Rockefeller Plaza, to experience firsthand Wella’s new Color Applicator. Designed for use with the companyâ€™s Color Charm line of liq
I headed up to Boston on Monday evening for An Interpretation of Cubism Art, sponsored by Logics and held at the Institute of Contemporary Art. Guests were treated to beverages and a lavish appetizer spread, followed by a presentation of trendsetting
It may have been Fashion Week in New York City last week, but that wasn’t the only event going on. Senior Editor Lori Morris and Eastern Regional Sales Manager Jamie Corkran joined me for a Casino Night extravaganza last Wednesday night hosted by MAN
On Wednesday I headed back to the tents at Bryant Park for a glimpse backstage at the striking look lead hairstylist for Aveda Odile Gilbert was creating for the 3.1 Phillip Lim show. “It’s sophisticated and girly at the same time,” Gilbert said of
Tuesday afternoon I headed over to The Art Directors Club in Chelsea to find out what look lead hairstylist for Linea Pro Ashley Javier had planned for the Behnaz Sarafpour show. Turns out the look was a classic ponytail
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Franco Gobbi Knots Hair for Acne Studios Resort Presentation June 12, 2013
- Join Dermalogica’s Exclusive “Futurescape” Symposium in Los Angeles on September 9th and 10th June 11, 2013
- Iconic Colorist Kim Vo Becomes the Newest Millennium Software Client June 5, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...