Kenra just launched two innovative styling products to fight summer’s bad hair days: Shine Spray and Shine Serum. Shine Spray, a superfine aerosol mist containing sunflower seed extract, cosmetic-grade silicones and hydrolyzed silk, controls frizz and flyaways while UV protectants help guard haircolor from fading and oxidation. Shine Serum also delivers long-lasting shine and polish [...]
About Lotus Abrams, Executive EditorExecutive Editor
Laboratory Hair Studio in Morristown, NJ, recently hosted a national launch event for the signature Oribe luxury haircare product line, created by iconic celebrity hairstylist Oribe Canales. As part of the event, Oribe gave a three-hour demonstration
Want to show off your eye-catching business card? We feature salons’ business cards with notable designs every month in American Salon’s Better Business section. For consideration, simply send us your card to the address below, along with a short des
I attended The Makeup Show NYC yesterday at the Metropolitan Pavilion, where hundreds of makeup artists checked out makeup companies’ booths, shopped, and attended seminars and workshops led by industry heavy-hitters. Popular booths included Make Up
Hairstylist Cristiano Cora recently held an Advanced Creative Cutting and Color class at his Manhattan salon, Cristiano Cora Studio, with support from Davines that was attended by stylists from the United States and abroad. The hands-on workshops, wh
Clairol Professional is offering consumers and professional colorists the chance to win a trip for two to the 2010 Gospel Fest in Chicago by entering the Go from Gray to Gorgeous Challenge. Entrants simply trade their grays for one of five semiperman
Looking for a way to pamper Mom for Mother’s Day? Phyto Universe, a botanical sanctuary in the heart of Manhattan, is offering a package called The Royal Treatment for Motherâ€™s Day weekend only. The service features a conditioning hair tre
I had the pleasure of meeting makeup artist Paula Dorf last week to learn about her successful makeup company, Paula Dorf Cosmetics, and talk to her about her career. (I was impressed to learn that her resume includes doing makeup for the band KISS,
The booths and classrooms at this year’s IBS New York show at the Javits Center were packed. Here are a few images from the show.
Enough with the rainâ€”we’re ready for summer already! Haircare manufacturers are gearing up for summer, too, with a host of new releases to protect strands from the damaging elements of summer: sun, salt water and chlorine. With so many clients
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...