Paul Hanlon, lead hairstylist for Moroccanoil, took a departure for the hair look at Vera Wang from seasons past. “It’s not as elaborate this time,” he told me. “It’s younger and fresh, and texture is key.” To achieve the look, Hanlon prepped damp hair with Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse and new Heat Styling Protection before [...]
About Lotus Abrams, Executive EditorExecutive Editor
At Badgley Mischka’s show yesterday at Lincoln Center, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Peter Gray was inspired by Alfred Hitchcock blondes—particularly Tippi Hedren in The Birds—to create the braided updos that perfectly complemented the designers’
For the first time, Marc by Marc Jacobs showed at Lincoln Center last night, where Redken Creative Consultant Guido was on hand backstage creating a “fluffy, wavy ‘do” that referenced the 1940s. To get the look, Guido prepped the hair with Redken Gut
At Carolina Herrera’s show at the tents at Lincoln Center this morning, lead stylist for Moroccanoil Orlando Pita of Orlo Salon created a 1940s-style rolled updo that perfectly complemented the romantic collection. “I updated it for today by making i
For the eighth season, Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders worked her hairstyling magic backstage at Christian Siriano. To complement the collection’s glamorous designs, Beenders created elegant fishtail-braided updos inspired by the g
Given the buzz and energy backstage at Mara Hoffman’s show at Lincoln Center today, you’d hardly know there was a major snowstorm the night before in New York City. Nick Irwin, lead stylist for Catwalk by TIGI, was busy creating a sophisticated gypsy
Yesterday at Lincoln Center, lead hairstylist for L’Oréal Professionnel Joseph DiMaggio was backstage at Timo Weiland creating a casually wavy hairstyle for the models that perfectly complemented the designer’s collection. “It was inspired by a girl
Our February issue features Tim Hartley’s Rare Beauty collection, showcasing precision cutting and classic hairdressing techniques inspired by Vidal Sassoon. Check out the rest of the collection here, along with the basic steps Tim used to get the lo
In our November issue, Redken Creative Consultant for Color and celebrity colorist Tracey Cunningham shared her color trends for the season. Here, she shares the formula for Gwyneth Paltrow’s brilliant blonde shade: 1. Soften the base with equal p
Celebrity hair and makeup artists came together on September 24th for a charity event called Legacy of Style, held at the posh Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA. The event was hosted by Beauty Changes Lives (BCL), an organization created by the Am
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...