Yesterday, I directed you to a behind-the-scenes glimpse at what it takes to create an editorial spread in American Salon magazine. Today, I’m going to give you an inside look at the photo shoot for Nioxin‘s newest national advertising campaign. The company, known for its hair-thickening and -strengthening products, was trying to achieve a more [...]
About Lori Morris, Senior EditorSenior Editor
Ever wonder what goes on behind the scenes of the amazing photo shoots we run in the magazine each month? Top stylist Vivienne Mackinder caught all the action on tape as she collaborated
I’ve been a huge fan of Debra Messing since she started on the show Ned and Stacey back in 1995. It might be because of her similarity to the incredible Lucille Ball, who put me to sleep almost nightly growing up
If you’ve read our October issue, you’ve seen all the great men’s products we featured in the magazine (pages 55-60). Well, I wanted to clue you into a couple more men’s grooming lines that can really help grow your male clientÃ¨le and increase you
Join SO.CAP. USA Hair Extensions in the third-annual Pink Hair for Hope breast cancer fundraiser. Once you become a participating salon, clients will receive a free pink hair extension graft for every $10 donation to The National Breast Cancer Founda
As I mentioned earlier, I’m going to be posting about products and companies that support BCA throughout the month. Here are a couple to get you started in making a difference: A portion of the proceeds from the sale of Susan Posnick Cosmetics COLOR
In the October issue of American Salon, we highlight some amazing ways beauty companies are pitching in to raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness Month (see pages 110-112). Throughout October, I’ll be writing about other products and companies that
This Thursday, October 2, salons and spas across the country are taking part in Girls Night Out to Cut Out Domestic Abuse (GNO), a kick-off to Octoberâ€™s Domestic Violence Awareness Month. These 100-percent volunteer led, zero-budget fundraiser
I’ve written a lot on here about meeting celebrity hairstylists, but one of the biggest names in the industry actually sits in an office about 15 feet away from mine on a daily basis. Our editor in chief, Marianne Dougherty, has been in the industry
Ted Gibson Salon will be doing its part to save the planet this weekend when it hosts the 3rd-annual Ted Gibson Salon Cut-A-Thon on Sunday, September 21 from 10am to 5pm. The event will feature deeply discounted $50 cuts (usually $95+) and color se
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...