In celebration of the one-year anniversary of the launch of its popular Control Force Hair Spray, Aveda has dubbed today, July, 12, 2011, Sky High Hair Day. To mark the occasion, the company is hosting a free Livestream broadcast featuring Aveda North America Artistic Team members Ricardo Dinis and Allen Ruiz at 4pm EST. Dinis [...]
About Lori Morris, Senior EditorSenior Editor
After more than 10 years of playing brainy Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies, Emma Watson is all grown up and casting a spell on style critics across the world. She recently showed off a sophisticated new look at the international premi
Goldwell has just announced its 2011 Color Zoom U.S. finalists, who were selected by a global panel of independent industry experts and international stylists at Goldwell Headquarters in Germany. The finalists were narrowed down from a pool of 15 sem
Goldwell has announced that top educator and celebrity stylist Nick Arrojo is endorsing Goldwell color products and using them exclusively in his Arrojo Studio in Manhattan, as well as at trade shows and events, including a special presentation a
On Sunday, July 10, Angus Mitchell and his Angus Mitchell Salon ~ Beverly Hills staff will be holding a ‘Tornado Relief Cut-A-Thon’ to help the American Red Cross raise money for the victims of the recent Joplin, Missouri tornado. The tornado’s
Last week, I was lucky enough to be a judge for the Goldwell Color Zoom Challenge US semi-finals. After four years on the judging panel for this prestigious competition, I continue to be impressed by the quality of work, dedication and creativity of
American Crew delivers on its commitment to stylists through a new exclusive association with CosmoProf that delivers leadership, experience and the knowledge that salons desire. In an effort to streamline distribution and reinforce its focus on buil
For our June issue, I chatted with celebrity colorist Rona O’Connor about her client Blake Lively’s brunette hue in Green Lantern (out June 17). When I saw Lively’s amazing new red locks at the Time 100 gala just a couple of weeks later, I immedi
Love the fondue-inspired look from Goldwell North American Guest Artist Robert Brown in our June issue? Brown gives us step-by-step instructions on how to get it in your salon. Background: Model Lana’s base level is the classic “dirty”
Luxury cosmetics and beauty company Sisley is partnering with the American Cancer Society as a sponsor in the organization’s Choose You movement, which encourages women to put their health first and make healthy lifestyle choices that can reduce thei
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...