While the focus was on all of the big stars at the Emmy Awards last night, I had my own red carpet moment — and I felt fully prepared to walk amongst my (far) more famous carpet-mates thanks to a morning at Style Bar Beverly Hills in Los Angeles. Located near the posh Rodeo Drive, [...]
About Lori Morris, Senior EditorSenior Editor
Lead hairstylist Amit Abraham for L’Oreal Professionnel was greatly inspired by the geometry and texture of the fabrics used in Elene Cassis’ spring 2012 collection. “You don’t usually see a lot of texture in spring and summer clothes, so I wanted to
While the hair at J. Mendel is usually safe and pretty each season, Paul Hanlon for TIGI decided to mix things up for spring and give it a more rock ‘n’ roll feel. “It’s a little dangerous and very effortlessly cool,” Hanlon said of the grungy style.
Sophie Theallet’s spring 2012 collection drew inspiration from the 1969 French movie La Piscine (The Swimming Pool), which was flooded with sexual tension. Playing off this theme, lead stylist for Aveda Didier Malige designed a hair style that looked
Designer Stacey Bendet chose a Secret Garden theme for her spring 2012 fashion week presentation, referencing the patterns and colors of Palm Beach in the 1960s and adding in a touch of ’40s sophistication. To complement her designs, lead stylist T
The beauty look at Marc by Marc Jacobs was clean and simple to complement the bold colors of the spring collection. When Creative consultant for Redken Guido met with Jacobs to discuss the hair, the designer pointed to the various ponytails the hairs
The inspiration for the hair at the Nanette Lepore spring 2012 show came from an unlikely source: a model who walked into the fitting with dirty locks. “It was greasy in the front and dry in the back and I thought it was perfect,” said Rolando Beauch
For the Jen Kao spring 2012 show, the beauty inspiration was all about giving grunge a more polished look. Inspired by Tank Girl, lead hairstylist Peter Gray for Cutler designed a look that was tough but feminine and centered around individuality. Gr
Before hitting the town for Fashion’s Night Out, I stopped by Pipino 57, celebrity stylist Ric Pipino’s new Wella flagship salon, for a little primping. I was first given voluminous waves by Shalom Sharon, whom I had interviewed the day before at the
For Tadashi Shoji’s tulip-inspired spring 2012 show, lead hairstylist Rodney Cutler created a half-up style that was “a little bohemian and very sophisticated.” As such, Cutler sought to take an evening approach to a classic beachy, hippie look. Afte
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Get the Look: Summer’s Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli June 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...