As soon as I stepped backstage at the Jeremy Scott Fall 2013 fashion show at Milk Studios in NYC, I was brought back to the ubiquitously cool punk rock era. The collection had the feel of the underground, rebellious youth of the late ‘80’s and early ‘90’s. Eugene Souleiman, Global Creative Director for Wella Professionals, [...]
About Lisa Bruckenstein
The Lela Rose Fall 2013 collection is all about fairy-tales. Her whimsical creations were inspired by such tales as the Brothers Grimm and Hansel and Gretel. Lela chose Ted Gibson’s hairstyling team, led by Senior Stylist Devin Toth, to create myth
Minardi Luxury Color Care founder Beth Minardi is excited to announce that iconic New York stylist and salon owner Mark Garrison has just joined the MLCC team. As the new member of the team, Garrison will contribute his skills as a haircutter and
The other night I attended a fabulous event to celebrate the Shasha Lee Exclusive Salon in NYC where I was showered with delicious cupcakes, “Shasha-tini” cocktails by Hpnotiq and a numerology reading. The owner Shasha Lee was on hand with he
Oya Salon owner and nationally recognized stylist and educator, Brian Bode has been chosen as Lead Artistic Director for KMS, a leader in the hair care product and style industry. Bode who is a frequent New York Fashion Week Stylist, began his career
The fall 2012 Vivienne Tam collection told the story of an adventurous girl on a “Mongolian journey.” The designer collaborated with TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin to create an “east meets west” hairstyle that would be the perfect fit f
Backstage at the Carmen Marc Valvo show, both Carmen and the lead hairstylist for the show, Ted Gibson, were all smiles. As I admired the beautiful gowns that were about hit the runway I talked with Ted Gibson about how he would compliment the col
In the midst of the chaos of fashion week I was lucky enough to attend a very fun event at the City Winery in Tribeca, NY. The event, aptly named Texture on the Runway was a celebration of curly and wavy hair. Matrix served as one of the sponsors w
Guido Palau, lead stylist for Redken, was masterful backstage at the fall 2012 Diesel show. He created a look that was part ingénue, part 1960’s and part tomboy. He started out by using Redken Full Frame Mousse throughout the hair for volume
The collection at the Alice + Olivia show had me longing for an invitation to an exclusive dinner party. Alice + Olivia designer Stacey Bendet mixed bright colors, metallic, leathers and lush embroidery for a romantic yet edgy look. She collaborated
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...