Jane Wurwand, Founder of The International Dermal Institute (IDI) and Dermalogica, recently spoke before a capacity crowd of professional skin therapists, students, salon-owners and trade editors, including American Salon Publisher Brett Vinovich and Contributing Editor Karen Ford, at an event to commemorate the 30th anniversary of IDI’s founding in Los Angeles. The celebration, highlighted by [...]
About Karen FordKaren Ford is a contributing editor for American Salon magazine.
This fall saw a bumper crop of new skincare products dedicated to fighting the good fight against signs of aging. Here are four that stood out from the crowd: Packaged with a nifty roll-on applicator, Amala Rejuvenate Targeted Wrinkl
For this December’s Face Value column in American Salon, we spoke with physician assistant Jenn Baltazar of Rox Spa in Newport Beach, CA, who discussed ways medspa treatments and salon treatments can work together. Here, she talks more about th
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...