American Salon mourns the passing of Vidal Sassoon, who sadly lost his battle with leukemia on May 9th at his home in Los Angeles. The most celebrated hairdresser in the world, Sassoon, who began his beauty career as an apprentice during the Second World War and who was later appointed Commander of the British Empire [...]
About Kelley Donahue, editor in chief/beauty director
These days, nearly everyone is either in pursuit of or talking about happiness. Which begs the question—how happy are you? Sonja Lyumbomirsky, a professor at the University of California Riverside and the author The How of Happiness: A Scientific
Aveda partnered with eco-chic wedding designer to Adele Wechsler on her Spring 2011 collection which shined a spotlight on the Green Wedding movement. A team of Aveda educators worked behind-the-scenes, creating natural-looking hair that
The Business Forum for Salon Owners, which is being staged during America’s Beauty Show (ABS) at Chicago’s McCormick Place on March 13th promises to provide salon owners with a different take on business education. An all-star lineup of busin
Wella Professionals pulled out all the stops when it hosted its International Trend Vision Award (ITVA) 2010 in Paris late last year. More than 2,000 guests were on-hand at Halle Freyssinet for the event, a competition that celebrates young h
Wella school students took the top two spots at the 2010 Sassoon Academy/School Connection (SASC) Cut and Color Contest at the ISSE Show in Long Beach earlier this year. Lydia Mikal from the Wella Signature School Bellus Academy, San Diego, C
Paul Gooch—one of the most gifted hairdressers working in films today was Director Tim Burton’s go-to guy for creating the fantasy hair creations in Disney’s remake of Alice In Wonderland. Here, he reveals all that was involved in getting the hair
This March, the National Cosmetology Association (NCA) encourages beauty professionals to wine, dine and network over a meal by hosting a Dining For Change event in their hometown that will help make a difference in the lives of those impacted
TIGI Inspirational Youth, a team that receives training and mentoring on hairdressing techniques, presentation skills and trends from senior members of TIGI’s International Creative Team, recently rocked the house when they appeared on-stage at S
CND is conducting anÂ on-line Nail Style Competition, where the lucky winner will receive an all-expense paid trip to NYC Fall Fashion Week in February 2010, meet with company Co-Founder Jan Arnold and shadow CND certified nail pros working backst
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...