As part of our month long blog series, Eco Briefs, celebrating April as Earth Month, we’ve reached out to companies that maintain an eco-lifestyle year-round to get some easy tips for keeping green in the beauty industry. Hair care company Pureology is one such company with a year-round commitment to sustainability as witnessed through their [...]
About Jolene TurnerI am the Senior Editor of American Salon. I love everything about the beauty industry from hair and styling products to cosmetics, nail polishes and the overall influence beauty has on the fashion industry.
The International Salon/Spa Business Network (ISBN) will present its Legend Award to Farouk Shami, founder and chairman of Farouk Systems, manufacturers of the BioSilk and CHI brands. Shami is being recognized for being an artist, visionary, entre
ColorProof Evolved Color Care has hired Brandon Ketz as its new national education manager. Ketz joins ColorProof with a wide range of experience in many areas of the beauty industry. In this new role, Ketz and his education team will develop innovat
This week I had the pleasure of attending a luncheon at Manhattan’s Chelsea Piers to meet the Empire Style Council, a new initiative from the Empire Education Group, provider of 107 Empire cosmetologist schools nationwide. The Empire Style Cou
Zerran International Corporation, maker of Zerran Hair Care professional wet lines and specialty in-salon treatments, has moved its corporate headquarters to a new 40,000 square foot space encompassing offices, an education center, warehousing and sh
Last week celebrity stylist Ric Pipino for his salon Pipino 57 – Wella Professionals Flagship, hosted the special press event Hamptons Hair & Newport Nails featuring Hotheads Hair Extensions, Deborah Lippmann and Keratin Complex. Hair expe
A new report released this week from the Boston Consulting Group titled “U.S. Manufacturing Nears the Tipping Point” has highlighted Farouk Systems Inc., makers of high quality professional hair care and spa products, as an example of a company e
A before shot with Nicholas French, hair stubbornly grazes shoulder After: Kardashian hair! On the last day of America’s Beauty Show in Chicago this past March 3-5, I g
Recently I attended Strut: The Fashionable Mom Show, a premiere event held on the last day of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in honor of gorgeous fashionable moms everywhere, and showcasing designer clothes realistic for today’s fashionable moms.
At this past ISSE, P&G Salon Professionals debuted a new exhibition format designed as a ‘masterclass’ set-up in which salon professionals could roam freely from platform to platform, experiencing education from each one of the company’s four b
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...