CND EDUCATION AMBASSADOR HEATHER DAVIS Early this spring, at our May cover shoot, I had the pleasure of meeting CND Education Ambassador Heather Davis who was on set ensuring that all of the models for the cover shot and feature Rock Solid had gorgeous nails! At the shoot, and a few weeks later, Heather shared [...]
About Jolene TurnerI am the Senior Editor of American Salon. I love everything about the beauty industry from hair and styling products to cosmetics, nail polishes and the overall influence beauty has on the fashion industry.
Teresa Giudice, star of the Bravo TV series The Real Housewives of New Jersey, will be unveiling her new line Milania Professional Haircare at the International Beauty Show (IBS), April 14 – 16, at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City. Look
This past winter Ouidad hair care company participated as a sponsor of Mad Cats, a 1960s-inspired fundraiser and silent auction for New York City based non-profit, no-kill feline rescue group Anjellicle Cats Rescue. As a sponsor, Ouidad create
Now through June 30, register for any Goldwell or KMS California US Academy program at either the Baltimore, MD or Santa Monica, CA locations and receive 20% off by using American Salon as the redemption code. (Arrojo Cut & Color and Sharon Bla
Haircare company Living Proof has named industry beauty veteran Jay Morris as vice president and general manager of the company’s Salon Channel. Morris has over 20 years experience in the beauty industry, holding senior-level positions at American Cr
On the night of the Oscars, while the stars lined the red carpet and began accepting awards, I was in the midst of a Oscar Twitter party that led to me getting transfor
On March 11, Wella Professionals will host 24 finalists in this year’s Wella Student Competition at America’s Beauty Show (ABS). With almost 500 entries, the 3rd annual competition marks a record breaking year of entries from a total of 37 cosm
This year Designer Rachel Roy did something new and showcased her fall/winter 2013 collection online in a digital fashion show that was officially released on February 14. Shot at the beginning of fashion week, Ted Gibson, owner of Ted Gibson Salo
The show was Marc Jacobs and the look was Joan Jett meets Marianne Faithfull meets punk rock chic— with the help of Redken Creative Consultant Guido and Francois Nars, founder and creative director of Nars Cosmetics, the look was achieved. Shown
From the hair to the clothes, it was all about the independent, strong woman at the Joie Fall/Winter 2013 presentation. Lead stylist for Joie was Duffy for Oribe Hair Care who really took on the inspiration of the independent woman in combination wi
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...