Loreal Professionnel Lead Stylist, Yann Varin, created a sophisticated and sleek low-tucked roll to complement Carolina Herrera’s beautiful spring/summer 20011 bridal gowns. In this video Varin describes the roll as having the appearance of a “pout.” It’s the overturned lower lip of a beautiful woman with “attitude.” Adorning the model’s hair were handwoven jeweled pieces [...]
About Jennifer Bernstein
For our April issue, I reported on celebrity stylist Rene Fris’ new online consultation service. For a mere fraction of his in-person cost you can log on to his website, upload three photos and Fris will personally analyze them. After, he sends back
Kristina Estabrooks, lead nail artist, for Creative Nail Design (CND), described to American Salon the amazing details of the firebreathing “Mori and Moto” dragons that were created for The Blonds runway show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in
Creating a soft, low chignon knot at the nape of the neck, Guido, lead stylist for Redken created a look inspired by the 1970′s French Emmanuelle films and the Victorian era. Guido started by center parting the hair and pulling it back with his f
For the elegant evening wear collection from Jenny Packham, Leonardo Minetti, lead stylist for L’Oréal Professionnel, created hair for the “girl about town.” Complementing the long draping necklines, Minetti allowed the hair to naturally flow dow
Downtown at the Rag + Bone show in SoHo, amid the cacophony of hairdryers and a team of twenty stylists, Guido was creating hair that was simple, youthful and playful which helped to offset the texture of Rag & Bone’s 2011 Winter collection w
Styling gravity-defined and gypsy-inspired looks, Paul Wilson, lead stylist for American Crew, created the runway hair for Duckie Browne’s 2011 Fall and Winter collections today at The Studio in Lincoln Center. Wilson’s hairstyles paired well wit
Professional styling products manufacturer Sedu recently named Stephanie McCrary’s Sasha Fauhawk as the winning style in their Banish Boring Hair Contest. McCrary, co-owner of the London Hair Salon in Charleston, SC, showed that Sedu flat irons can
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...