Recently, my dear friend Katie Crawford asked me to do her hair for her upcoming nuptials. How could I resist? We have been friends forever, and she is the closest thing to my sister. Knowing Katie, no stone would be left unturned, and this weekend would be talked about for years to come. She spent [...]
About Guest ArtistA rotating roster of industry experts
Greetings my fellow beauty connoisseurs, What do you get when you bring thousands of fashionistas together under a huge umbrella? Itâ€™s the one and only IBS New York show. This Jet is soaring from seeing so much talent and passionâ€”I
From American Salon’s May “Kim Vo on the Go” column: Weâ€™re seeing a lot more long hair these daysâ€”a common solution as the weather warms up and clients clamor for greater flexibility in the face of the seasonâ€™s outdoor lif
“You want to know what comes between me and my Calvins? Nothing,” said Brooke Shields in a late 1970s steamy campaign thatâ€™s still remembered today. If you ask me, thereâ€™s only one thing that should come between a woman and her makeup
I am sitting here in my favorite coffee shop enjoying another rainy day here in Atlanta. We have had a lot of rain; good-bye pollen, hello tulips! What are you watering your garden of success with? You have planted seeds that include hiring great peo
All that we seem to hear and see these days are horror stories stemming from the economy. And while we canâ€™t deny its adverse impact on the salon industry, there are things we can all do to power through these hard times and perhaps even g
I really enjoyed working recently with a Canadian Redken distributorâ€”Maritime in Halifax, Nova Scotia. First, I LOVE the lobster up there! But also, I find Canadian hairdressers receptive, hungry for education and highly skilled. I had the
Hello My Fellow Beauty Connoisseurs, I just came back from a brilliant trip to N.Y.C., and I feel so inspired from what I have seen. There was so much art, music and people watching, and I had a great time working on a show for the Wella Team
Why pink is the new redâ€¦ Red is always classic but this spring pink brings you in sync with the times. Whether itâ€™s day at the office, a night out on the town or a weekend at the beach, pink lipstick looks irresistibly fresh. And there
Let me start by saying I love my work. It is my life’s passion, and opening up a salon with my name on the door was a dream come true. But with that comes the never-ending commitment to try and make every client happy (and loyal). Meeting clie
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...