There’s no denying that the brow has become the It beauty accessory of the moment. From brushed-up to bleached-out, the arches are getting plenty of play and have become the new focus feature. Here are some of tips and tricks on edgy yet fresh ways to dress up a client’s brow. Glossy, Glossy: A glossy [...]
About Guest ArtistA rotating roster of industry experts
This special guest post is from American Crew Creative Director Craig Hanson: Cool was redefined in the 1950s as the mix of rock and roll, blues and country, combined together with a rebellious style and attitude. Those who followed this tre
This time of year, the number one request I get from clients is to help them restore that luminous sun-kissed look from the warmer season before. Electing warmer shades like bronze and beige create this effect, but you must be careful or else they’
People always ask me if there are regional differences when it comes to women and their makeup. And it’s true that what rates highly in one state may not be the same in another. Texan women adore my DeVine Goddess lipsticks in the SMP, while Califo
I guess we should be thanking Sex and the City for one more thing – the Brazilian Bonanza! If it weren’t for those girls, what would we be doing right now? The Brazilian Wax is one of the most brilliant waxes of our time— and it’s sticking ar
What a whirlwind! I just got back from New York Fashion Week, where I directed the makeup for six shows. The designers were a mix of next-big-things and veterans, and I loved working with each and every one of them. I always enjoy the collaborative s
In the beauty world, there are women who rarely deviate from their natural look. There are others who cling religiously to their neutral palette, black liner or red lipstick. And then, god love them, there are those wide-eyed, fashion-obsessives who
Some people say that the key to success is having a clear vision and working that vision. Others would say that it is creating a thriving team, one that is aligned with your vision. It could also be said that success comes from luck, timing or who
Have you seen them yet? The big bold brows from the fall runway shows? They are GORG! Right up my alley – I don’t believe in thin women or thin brows! A bold brow can literally transform a person’s face and be the perfect seasonal bang. To te
Life’s a little more fun when you read between the lines—especially if those lines are composed of zinging color. With this in mind, I’ve just launched a new pencil collection with arresting shades for eyes, lips and brows. A stellar pencil is
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...