Congratulations to winners of the 25th annual British Hairdressing Awards! The awards were presented by Hairdressers Journal International and sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional at the JW Marriott Hotel in Londonâ€™s Park Lane. â€œBritish hairdressing is renowned throughout the world for its creativity and innovation, and with the British Hairdressing Awards we are recognizing, rewarding and [...]
If your salon tool wardrobe is in need of a makeover, enter Salontechâ€™s new contest, Show Off Your Style, and win brand new Salontech tools. Share your innovative hairstyling techniques by simply posting one to three pictures of your creations
The National Cosmetology Association (NCA) recently appointed Linda Whitehurst as the new NCA Look Goodâ€¦Feel Better (LGFB) National Project Director. Whitehurst has been a NCA member since 1988 where she served as a state delegate, and is appro
Attention Junior Stylists: Think you have what it takes to create a winning bridal look? Junior Style Stars is holding their 2010 annual hair competition and all cosmetology students are encouraged to enter. Students must register and pay the fee
Ivan Zoot a.k.a. the Clipper Guy is the director of education and training for Andis and holds the Guinness Book of World Record titles for the worldâ€™s fastest haircut, most haircuts in one hour and most haircuts in 24 hours. He recently poste
It seems like these days there is a strategy available for everything; economic stimulus, winning football games or growing your business. It is good to have a strategy; a plan that serves you in achieving what it is you want. There are many thing
Product Club recently donated $2,000 to Noahâ€™s Wish, an animal welfare organization dedicated to rescuing and sheltering animals during disasters throughout the US and Canada. Product Club, a lead supplier in the beauty industry, raised mo
Making it through the recession can be challenging, but with knowledge and preparation, your worrying days can be over. If your business is in need of a makeover, educate yourself by attending Miladyâ€™s free webinar, Discover How to Make Mo
Want to win $750 worth of free Andis products in time for the holidays? If so, Andis wants you to write in and explain why you love your Andis Clipper. The winner will be announced November 30 and will receive the BGRV, a new 5-speed rotary motor d
On November 12, Bolt Barbers will celebrate their grand opening with a Hawks for Homeless fundraiser in Los Angeles, CA. At the event, barbers will volunteer to cut mohawks and faux hawks to help raise money for the Midnight Mission, a Los Angele
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...