L’Oréal Professionnel is hooking one salon up with a Texture Expert Blow-dry Bar. The sleek and sophisticated styling station comes with $20,000 worth of fixtures and would be dedicated to creating styles based on a great blow-dry. Applications are due on Feb. 1 and require salons to submit a photo of the salon (including the [...]
Hel-lo, Ms. Richmond! Jessica Lucas, who stars as elementary school teacher Riley Richmond in Melrose Place, vamped up her tresses for a recent photo shoot. A far cry from her character’s good girl image, Lucas’ sexy-meets-messy look was the work o
Brian and Sandra Smith are a power couple in life and in the professional beauty industry. The duo have extensive skills in haircutting and avant garde styling, and have demonstrated their expertise by creating distinctive hairstyles for runway shows
Celebrity esthetician Renée Rouleau visited Ugly Betty star Michael Urie at his hotel room in Dallas on New Year’s Day, and treated him to a luxury facial so he could start 2010 with a fresh complexion. As a big fan of Renée and her products, Mic
Show season is almost upon us and starts with the International Beauty Show and the IECSC show in New York City. If you havenâ€™t gone in a while or never gone, perhaps now is the time to make plans for a fabulous 2010 for your career and be
In observance of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Tangles & Knots staff in New Bern, N.C., donated $1.00 for each client serviced during the month of October. Each dollar, as well as donations by clients, were collected in hot pink pails lo
In observance of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Tangles & Knots staff in New Bern, N.C., donatedÂ $1.00 for each client serviced during the month of October. Each dollar, as well as donations by clients, were collected in hot pink pail
Rock star hair is predicted to be the â€œitâ€ look this coming spring, along with peace signs, beads, and headbands. Ross Bartolomei, owner of Salon Hype in La Grange, Illinois has built his 20-year reputation as a colorist and master
Elisa Fischer is the new vice president of marketing for Martrix US. In her role, Fischer will lead the marketing division, drive business and continue to secure Matrixâ€™s position as one of the leading national beauty brands for professional s
Attention stylists and students: hurry up and register for the North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA) and Beacon 2010â€” the deadlines are approaching fast. The NAHA deadline is February 8, 2010 and the event will be held on July 18 dur
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...