Celebrity stylist Ken Paves is launching a new collection of professional haircare products in June for damaged hair called Self-Help: Care of Ken Paves. Free of harmful synthetics and harsh ingredients, the line utilizes active raw botanicals to restore color-treated hair to its healthiest state, while a color-preserving system retains its vibrancy. The formulas’ anti-aging [...]
This year, Andis Company will be an official sponsor of The Barber Academy Workshop Tour, a 10-city educational tour that aims to raise awareness and educate barbers on proper hygiene for infectious disease control. The four-hour class will highlight
This year the IBS and IECSC shows were simply the best ever! The snow stayed away and the sun shined down on the Javits Center for all three beauty-filled days. Anybody who is anybody in the salon, spa and medi-spa business filled the classrooms hung
It’s official! The Skin Cancer Foundation gave its Seal of Recommendation to five Jane Iredale products as effective aids in the prevention of sun-induced damage to the skin, including sunburn and possibly premature aging. The products—Amazing Ba
It might have been early, but the backstage area of Zac Posen’s Fall 2010 Collection show was a flurry of hair, nails and makeup—and plenty of coffee. of course. For hair, Odile Gilbert for L’Oreal Professionnel created a middle-parted, wavy look u
Inspired by Nico of the Velvet Underground, Erin Fetherston’s Fall 2010 Collection brought together bohemian styles with rock’n'roll tailoring. Odile Gilbert for Moroccanoil followed that lead and gave all of the models long, straight hair with drama
Shown beneath the tents at Bryant Park, Herve Leger’s sophistication-meets-urban-edge Fall 2010 Collection was beautifully complemented by natural, free-flowing “undone ponytails,” styled by Bob Recine for Moroccanoil. He used one product—Luminous
For the presentation of Behnaz Sarafpour’s Fall 2010 Collection, Roxanne Valinoti for CND styled the nails. Below, watch a video of her describing the design. As for the models’ faces, the key makeup artist was Gordon Espinet for M.A.C. Cosmetics.
When David Cruz for Phyto first viewed Elise Overland’s Fall 2010 collection, he saw it as “very strong, very powerful.” To soften the overall look, he decided to create a loose chignon-like updo. The front of the hair had a bit of height, which Cruz
To complement Karen Walker’s Fall 2010 Collection, the hair, nails and makeup were minimal. Below, watch a video of CND’s Jan Arnold describing the clean and sheer nail coloring. The hairstyle created by Rolando Beauchamp for Bumble and bumble fea
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...