Jada Pinkett Smith attended the 2011 Grammy’s with a beautiful voluminous style created by celebrity hairstylist Marcia Hamilton. To start, Hamilton washed the hair using White Sands Vegan Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner and gently towel dried it before spraying Porosity The Fix from roots to ends. Starting at the center, she created vertical sections running [...]
Young and fresh, the primary look for Alice + Olivia by Stacey Bendet was a casually twisted bun with a soft center parting. Thomas Dunkin for Sebastian Professional created a “p
Elegance walked through the halls of NASDAQ tonight with Carmen Marc Valvo’s fall 2011 collection. A chic half-up style by Devin Toth for Ted Gibson perfectly complemented the soft and beautiful look. “You want to ‘look’ like you have no
Erin Fetherston’s signature style came through backstage at Milk Studios where Odile for TIGI invented a romantic chignon to go with the clothing line. “A very girly look is what Erin wanted, so we’re working with a lot of braids and baby hair,
At the Alexander Wang show held at Pier 94, Redken’s Guido sought a “natural bed-heady look” to go with the fall 2011 collection. “I wanted an easy, cool east village style,” Guido said. First, he prepped the hair with Thickening Lotion 06
Backstage at the Cynthia Rowley show, Redken’s Rita Marmor was collaborating closely with the designer to create a soft, airy updo. “I imagined a girl who is delicate, but still wants to have fun; elegant, but never uptight,” Marmor said. To st
At the Organic by John Patrick presentation this morning, lead stylist for Aveda Antoinette Beenders was creating a textured, natural look to complement the organic clothing line. “The clothes reminded me of Glastonbury in England—an effortless f
Onesta Hair Care awarded Michael Cevetillo from The Kirschner Group with their Manufacturer’s Representative of the Year Award for 2010 at the 2011 Western Buying Conference in Las Vegas. Onesta considered Cevetillo’s consistent support and e
Students and instructors at Kohler Academy in Scottsdale, AZ, attended a special seminar by visiting Joico International Artistic Director Damien Carney. The presentation featured two haircut demonstrations—one focused on foundational skill and
Inspired more than anything by Helen Mirren herself, stylist Creighton Bowman created a soft and charming look for the actress at this year’s Golden Globes Awards. To achieve it, Bowman applied René Furterer Volumea Volumizing Foam on wet hair. He
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...