Tabatha Coffey, star of Bravo’s hit TV show, Tabatha’s Salon Takeover, participated in last night’s St. Baldrick’s Foundation event held at Ri Ra Irish Pub in Atlanta, GA. Over 200 volunteers had their heads shaved by local barbers from American Haircuts—the official barbers of the event. Coffey joined forces as “celebrity barber” from 5 p.m. [...]
Top salon owners, hairdressers and industry experts will discuss the secrets to business success in a series of live webinars on Shortcuts Software’s recently launched website, Most Wanted. The series will kick off at 12 p.m. EST on March 28th with
Oscar co-host Anne Hathaway went through various hairstyles throughout the night. Here’s how celebrity stylist Adir Abergel created some of the most memorable looks. On the red carpet, Abergel created an Edwardian influenced style with a bohem
Celebrity hairstylist David Babaii created a stunning updo he called “Texture Infusion” for Sandra Bullock’s red carpet look. To achieve it, he rinsed out all shampoo and conditioner from her hair to start on a clean canvas. He then applied Coutu
Nicole Kidman arrived at this year’s Spirit Awards with a “Beach Romantic” look by celebrity hairstylist David Babaii. Starting on towel dried hair, Babaii applied Couture Colour Pequi Oil Treatment before thoroughly drying it with a dryer. Nex
“The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear.” Brian Tracy I love having a focal point in my life. Each year I set my sights on specific goals and intentions. I don’t know about you, but somet
Hair and makeup professionals from across the nation are invited to compete for a chance to be featured in Passion’s Stylebooks for Haircolor and Men at Michael Angelo Hair Studio in Tampa, FL. “Many of our salon clients are eager to compete for
For Venexiana’s fall/winter 2011 collection, Philip Pelusi, founder of Tela Beauty Organics, created a stunning Venetian topknot. “It’s like a French twist but with a difference,” explained Pelusi. “So many of the clothes in this collection
At the Reed Krakoff show, Guido for Redken gave the models a “simple, modern look” to go with the designer’s minimal take on beauty. He began the process by prepping wet hair with Spray Starch 15 Versatile Ironing Spray for texture and created a
Hair for Narciso Rodriguez’s fall 2011 collection was causing a stir backstage with a much tougher, more rugged look than what we usually see from the designer. According to Eugene Souleiman, global creative director for Wella Professionals, the lo
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Capozzi & Co. Salon Plans Fundraiser for America’s VetDogs May 10, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...