Ouidad, curly hair expert, appointed Scott Hauser as vice president of sales and education in the Professional Salon Division. Previously working for Alterna, Hauser helped the brand expand by launching new products to the salon trade channel. With more than 20 years of international professional salon experience, at Ouidad, Hauser is ready to take on Ouidad [...]
Charlie Le Mindu, French, avant-garde designer and ambassador for Hairdreams, an international hair extension brand using 100 percent human hair, created eleven window displays for the Parisian shopping mall “Galeries Lafayette”, located on the B
For the Acne Studios 2014 Resort collection presentation in Milk Studios, Lead Hair for Moroccanoil Franco Gobbi created a textured, knotted style to play up the cool-girl, downtown vibe. Each model sported a black, brimmed hat atop Gobbi’s design,
Help clients protect all the haircolors of the rainbow so locks look and feel healthier between salon visits. “Coloring damages the outer layer of hair leaving strands vulnerable to dryness, breakage and dullness,” said Jim Markham, founder and C
In January Matrix held the largest C.R.A.F.T. Color Mastery event in company history, hosting 150 Matrix Educators and featuring Matrix Director of Training Leah Sterk and Artistic Director Chrystofer Benson as facilitators. Seventeen additional
Try this month’s interactive Crossword Puzzle!
Designer Stella McCartney tapped the eco-conscious beauty line Aveda and Global Creative Director Antoinette Beenders to create hairstyles for her autumn presentations in Tokyo and Hong Kong last week. Local hairdressers supported the Aveda Team to s
Halo Salon & Day Spa in Roseville, CA is gearing up for their charity hair show, HairWars, planned for June 28. Local salons and stylists will compete in a battle of the beauties with proceeds benefiting HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary, a 3
In response to the tragic tornadoes that flattened entire neighborhoods near Oklahoma City and surrounding Great Plains states yesterday afternoon, the Professional Beauty Association (PBA) is calling on beauty professionals and companies to dona
Year after year, the Costume Institute Benefit Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City brings together fashion’s elite to celebrate the museum’s latest exhibition in high style. This season highlighted PUNK: Chaos to Couture and s
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...