Attention all licensed professionals! Indiana SB520 has passed through the Senate and is now in the House – one step closer to becoming law. SB520 will create the Eliminate, Reduce, and Streamline Employee Regulation (ERASER) committee to study professional licensing in Indiana. The licenses listed in the legislation may be terminated unless the general assembly [...]
Industry icon Tabatha Coffey speaks out against the deregulation of the cosmetology industry in a recent video. Watch it at HERE! HELP EDUCATE LAW MAKERS ON WHAT OUR INDUSTRY IS ABOUT Industry professionals are dedicated to upholding safety sta
The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) conducted a first-of-its-kind national poll regarding regulation and licensing of beauty industry professionals in December of 2012. General election voters from across U.S. overwhelmingly supported the requi
Wella’s Reuben Carranza Named Spirit of Life Honoree Los Angeles, CA – City of Hope’s National Professional Salon Industry will honor Reuben Carranza, North American CEO of Wella, the
The New Year is upon us and state legislatures across the country are introducing bills. As of this update (January 25, 2013), the following state bills have been introduced that would affect the professional beauty industry – some negatively a
To be a beauty professional, it takes passion, creativity, and the education and training to ensure consumer and professional safety. That is why right now, to become a licensed beauty professional, you must complete an educational program, and pass
A North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA) finalist nomination is an amazing accomplishment! PBA, the producers of NAHA, wants to further recognize this achievement while providing finalists with even more tools and opportunities to capitalize on the
Indiana State Senator Randy Head (Rep – District 18) introduced Senate Bill 520 (SB520) this morning, January 15, 2013. An initiative of the new Indiana Governor Mike PenceIf, SB520 would create a committee to review professional licensing, including
October 29, 2012 was the day Hurricane Sandy hit the Northeast hard, leaving a path of destruction behind for hundreds of beauty professionals and salon owners. Only a month ago the salon industry came together in an unprecedented show of unity and s
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Oribe’s La Fama in Miami; June 9-10 May 23, 2013
- Halo Salon & Day Spa’s Hair Show to Benefit HartSong Ranch Animal Sanctuary May 23, 2013
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...