In response to the tragic tornadoes that flattened entire neighborhoods near Oklahoma City and surrounding Great Plains states yesterday afternoon, the Professional Beauty Association (PBA) is calling on beauty professionals and companies to donate to the PBA Disaster Relief Fund to help local residents rebuild. The Fund has assisted beauty businesses and professionals recover from [...]
Capozzi & Co. Salon, an Aveda beauty spot on Long Island, will present its fifth annual Shear Runway Project on Sunday, July 7 at Emporium in Patchogue, NY. The competing stylists will create hair, clothing and make-up looks fitting the 2013 them
Teresa Giudice of Real Housewives fame showed her support for Hurricane Sandy victims at the Cactus Salon & Spa benefit in Plainview, NY. The salon’s stylists offered exclusive blowouts, using Giudice’s Milania Professional Hair Care products
Dermalogica and The International Dermal Institute Support Those Affected by the Tragic Events in Boston
Dermalogica and The International Dermal Institute are dedicating their support to the Boston community with a number of initiatives in the aftermath of the terrorist bombings. Throughout the month of May, designated class fees and fees for treatme
Elaine Travis, longtime hairdresser and now owner of Splash Hair Studio near Philadelphia, staged a charitable hair and fashion show to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. With the Woman of the Year title from the Society— an honor besto
Love Your Color by Cosamo USA, is hosting a Mother’s Day of Beauty at the Bleu Sur Bleu Salon in New York City, to benefit the members of Gilda’s Club NYC (GCNY) and their moms. On May 6, 2013 (Mother’s Day is May 12th) from 4-8 pm, Gilda’s
It was night of glitz at glamour at New York’s Mandarin Oriental Hotel on April 3rd, where actress Patricia Clarkson and co-chairs Alexandra Lebenthal, Frederick Anderson and Janice Innis-Thompson welcomed over 200 guests to the 2013 Hale House
Becoming an eco-friendly salon can seem like a daunting task, but these salons—seen in “It’s Easy Being Green” in our April issue—have more to share about how they took the plunge. Stephanie Schmidt, Verde Salon, Chandler, AZ: Stephanie Schmid
On April 22, 2013, which marks the annual global tradition of Earth Day, Aveda Salons and Institutes will host a 24-hour global hair-cut-a-thon to raise money for clean water projects. Aveda hairstylists from around the world will volunteer their exp
Calling all licensed beauty professionals in the Chicago, IL area! The Beauty Bus Foundation is now seeking hairstylists, makeup artists, nail technicians, cosmetologists, barbers and estheticians to volunteer their time and talent for a very mea
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Help Beauty Pros Recover from Tornadoes with PBA Disaster Relief Fund Donations May 21, 2013
- Join the Movement to Educate Clients, Protect Licensing May 16, 2013
- Get the Look: Red Carpet Punk for Met Gala May 14, 2013
- Get the Look: Capri from L’Oréal Professionel’s 2013 Highlights and Balayage Collection May 13, 2013
- Millennium Software and Transworld Systems Announce Joint Offering May 13, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...