The finalists have just been announced for the 2009 British Hairdressing Awards, which is celebrating its 25th Anniversary this year. Launched in 1984 by Hairdressers Journal International and sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional, the awards will feature nine regional categories (Eastern, London, Midlands, North Eastern, North Western, Northern Ireland, Scottish, Southern or Wales & South West) and six specialist categories (Afro Hairdresser of the Year, Artistic Team of the Year, Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year, Menâ€™s Hairdresser of the Year, Newcomer of the Year or Schwarzkopf Professional British Colour Technician of the Year). To enter the competition, hairdressers working in salons throughout the United Kingdom submitted four images that fulfilled the criteria set by the judges. In addition to the 15 regional and specialist categories, the most hotly contested award is for the British Hairdresser of the Year title. Entry to this award is by nomination only, and this year the nominees are Andrew Barton, Errol Douglas, Mark Hayes, Akin Konizi, Angelo Seminara, Lisa Shepherd, Phil Smith and Gary Hooker & Michael Young, We canâ€™t wait to find out who the winners are when the British Hairdressing Awards take place on November 23 at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London!
2009 British Hairdressing Awards Finalists Announced
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Follow @AmericanSalon on Twitter
- Donate to PBA’s Issue Advocacy Fund For A Chance To Win A Samsung Galaxy Note! June 19, 2013
- Ouidad Names Scott Hauser VP of Sales & Education June 18, 2013
- Charlie Le Mindu African Remix Collection June 18, 2013
- Mirabella Beauty Launches into Gene Juarez Salons and Spas June 18, 2013
- NYC Makeover Event Features New José Eber Styling Tools June 17, 2013
- Jazz: Nicole you are Amazing!...
- Geoffrey Williams: Hi I know I'm kind of late, but congradulations t...
- The Shop: These mannequins are much better than the standard...
- Kristina Bianca: This is going to be great!!! Nicole has been inspi...
- Jennifer Cross: After 20 years in the industry, and having attende...
Andis Antoinette Beenders aveda CND dermalogica Essie Eva Scrivo Farouk Systems Fashion Week fashion week fall 2010 goldwell guido Jan Arnold Jason Backe Joico L'OrÃ©al Professionnel M.A.C. MAC Cosmetics matrix Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Moroccanoil napoleon perdis Nick Irwin Odile Gilbert OPI Oribe oribe hair care orlando pita paul mitchell PBA Phyto Professional Beauty Association Pureology Redken Rene Furterer Rodney Cutler sam villa Sebastian Professional T3 ted gibson TIGI Tom Pecheux Wella Wella Professionals Wendy Watkins